Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Journey Begins

Hello everyone! I made this blog to document my trip to Europe, in this fine summer of 2007. Please leave me some comments, and be sure to check back regularly, as I'll be posting lots of fun photos of my adventures.

It is currently Sunday, June 24th at 12:13am as I write this, and my trip will begin later today. My sister and I will fly out of Logan Airport here in Boston, heading for Manchester, England, where we'll grab a connecting flight to Germany, to meet John. John is my best friend, who is currently serving the in Air Force, stationed just outside of Kaiserslautern, Germany. He has a house to himself, and is quite lonely, what with being thousands of miles from his friends and family, so Amber (my sister) and I figured this would be a great opportunity not only to go and cheer him up and keep him company, but to explore Europe, a place that neither of us have ever traveled.

My one regret is that Katherine, my fiancée, will be unable to accompany us; sadly, she doesn't have very much vacation time, and she and I both agreed that it's better spent going to visit her family in California, which she will do in a couple of weeks while I'm away.

Well, I'm about halfway packed now, and it's getting late, so I should get to sleep. My next post will be after arrival in Germany, so check back in a day or two!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun on your trip!! Aside from waiting for the connecting flight, will you be spending any time in Manchester? I hear the Manchester Cathedral was nice.

Justin Morgan said...

Where do you plan on visiting (besides K town)?

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

We don't plan on spending much of any time in the UK as of right now. Amber would love to check out London, though, so we might try to do that when we stay in Paris, make a day trip out of a Chunnel train ride, or something.

And as for where else we plan on visiting, *everywhere!* Some friends gave us a slew of advice of interesting things to do, so we're probably going to explore Germany quite thoroughly, and check out France, and Switzerland as well. We'll see where else the wind takes us!